ancient weapon gizmo

rath bass trombone for sale

Comes with a Cronkhite black cordura gig bag. I'm sure this one will be snatched up immediately (hopefully so I don't have to keep it for myself!). Features snake ornaments, a remote water key and has the most wonderful sound. This bass is listed for sale at $3400 with protec case. It has a 9.5" yellow brass bell, inline thayer valves and a dual bore slide. I'm estimating that Minick modified this horn to split triggers in the late 1970s judging from the hand engraved lever. The bell at the moment is recording bell (meaning it faces front). A classic principal trumpet sound. $4200 with cronkhite bag. The valve register is superb with the Laetzsch valve (which is carbon fiber inside and never needs oiling, as well as being one of the fastest valves on the market) as well as being even on both sides of the trombone. Comes with a very nice schilke gig bag. It has a .547" lightweight nickel slide, 8.5" one piece yellow brass bell, Rene Hagmann valve with open wrap gold brass tubing and 3 removable leadpipes (different length and material). This alto was designed starting with the original Glassl alto trombone, but making it improved with a 7th position, better partial slotting and intonation. $1950 with case. The instrument is in excellent condition, almost new actually. Includes the original Olds case. The slide action feels fantastic in the hand, there is a thin but not flimsy brace on the slide that feels just right. $2600 with original case. It is easy to play, has a killer sound, intonation is spot on, the slide is among the best I've ever tried and it looks great. Originally owned by Alan Raph. Currency: Sterling silver bell, great slide and original case with documents. Overall very good condition, some minor acid bleed on the bell and minor wear on the contact points. ", yes that is what your colleagues will say when you pull this beast out of the case. This trombone was made by the legendary Earl Williams, who manufactured custom top tier commercial trombones for about 40 years, beginning in the 1930s. It is the top of their line professional double horn in F/Bb, being comparable to a Conn 8D with regard to quality and size. Valves have an excellent seal, the horn is free of dents and recently had a full cleaning. Some parts have been altered and assembly was less than desirable. It's quite a good player. Oh the things I promised my parents to get them to purchase this trombone for me its something I will never forget, and actually a memory I still recall when I have young students come into my shop to purchase a new trombone with their parents. Overall in very nice condition and a superb playing bass trombone. Medium weight bell, hybrid traditional F attachment with a free blowing standard rotary valve. $500 with case. Check out the trademark "under the thumb" Mt Vernon trigger mechanism. The bell flare is nice and thin with an even response. The bell flare is vibrant with a lot of life. The sound is incredible. REDUCED $975 without case. All dents were removed. This tuba also has a wide flare at 19.7" diameter. Very versatile instruments that work well for commercial, broadway shows or principal in orchestra. I tend to agree that IMO the Bob horns play a bit more nuanced. It's spent its whole life in LA playing on lots of recordings and is for sale for the first time. There is some cosmetic wear on the valve and slide but overall very clean. Also for players looking to play hymn parts in Church. It is in good shape with some dents removed (the lower crossbar is slightly egg shaped from having a hand brace over tightened). A rare and beautiful double compensating Wagner tuba made by Paxman of London. Comes with the original Yamaha french style case. Slide action is great. Believe it or not, but I actually have two of these instruments in stock right now. This one was made in the late 1970s and is a fine player. The bell however is identical to the finest Strad models. Includes the original case. We'll do our best to tune it up before shipping out. Here's a very nice playing vintage Bach 42B, traditional wrap, corporation bell with a low serial number. It is all original with matching serial numbers. The 7 bell is designed to mimic the sound of a one piece bell but with the stability and predictability of a two piece bell. This one has had the bell flare cut. A great trombone for principal playing, versatile and colorful. These euphoniums have always been the standard for professional bandsmen. SOLD, This is a modern Conn 62H with inline CL2000 valves. This is a super nice Elkhart 88H and a rare one. Plays very well! $2700 with case SOLD. Rich overtones are characteristics of the model 4B and the sterling bell only enhances that quality. This instrument includes a new set of inner tubes, which could be installed by a good repairman. $3900 SOLD, Paxman makes some of the best handmade french horns in the world. This Bach 36 trombone has been modified to be a more commercial instrument and would work well for jazz playing or other styles that need a brighter sounding trombone but for a trombonist looking for a larger bore and more free blowing instrument. This is an interesting trombone, notably it is a stock lightweight brass slide (matching serial on the inner and outer slides) which is quite rare. I had it lovingly restored and relacquered to enhance the appearance and not devalue or destroy its unique qualities. The model 551S euphonium was developed to compete with other high end professional horns and I think does the job well. This is a fairly old and traditional principal German style tenor trombone. Recently refit Bach 42. Here's a freshly finished Sawday/Ark 42. In like new condition and one of the easiest playing Shires altos I've had at the shop. The slide is nickel silver (the bottom tube has an over sleeve that seems to have been added. Very nice trombone for a serious player. In 1979 Minick rebuilt it from top to bottom. Here is a nearly new Shires Michael Davis model, hardly any use maybe less than 20 hours on it. These are the most popular rotary CC tuba in the world and always in demand for their sound, versatility and quality. $2200. This one is in excellent condition with just some minor lacquer wear on the back bell stem from skin contact. $2275.00, This is a great modern bass trombone with a classic orchestral sound. While being a boss, you can also play nimble and light passages with ease. In very good condition, with typical wear that you would expect. Here is a great opportunity to buy a beautiful 70H from a great year. There is minor wear on the contact points but otherwise in very good condition. Personally, I prefer the Bob horns for their more rounded bows which I find suit the instrument in a good way. This is the Mt Vernon model 50B and let me tell you this one has A SOUND! I've not seen another with these specs before. The bell is unstamped as it was never finished/mounted. This trombone has been well used by a local professional here in Los Angeles, and you will notice some wear on the contact points. Looks like a sterling silver makers emblem. $2850 with case, no mouthpiece included. So it has been a fruitful month for special trombones. Currently set up to normal Bb/F/Gb/D by reversing the slides. Price for this beauty is $3000. Will be sonic cleaned and have lacquer touched up. Sale Pending, Here's something I've never seen before! It's a good quality professional instrument. Here's a nice one! This one plays as well and has a F attachment as well as an additional straight tuning slide. One of my favorite things in the world is finding a really special or unique vintage trombone. The 34B is the cousin of the very popular model 36 trombone. The 34H is a really easy to play alto, the bell to slide relationship is where you'd expect it and partials line up easily. It is in very good used condition and while has some minor cosmetic blems, overall a clean example. Threaded leadpipe receiver, with one leadpipe. This one is in tremendous condition. This R9 Custom Rath Trombone comes with Independent Hagmann Valves (Bb/F/Gb), a standard weight (750) 9" yellow bell, standard .562 yellow hand slide, standard yellow tuning slide and a number 9 brass leadpipe. $4500 without case. It's a heck of a good playing trombone. I believe this 2B Liberty is from the 1970s. In overall very good used condition with tight valves. SOLD, Here is a beautiful Elkhart Conn 8H, owned and used by Stuart Dempster. $1200 with case. Includes a Cronkhite gig bag. It was handpicked by Tommy Johnson and played by him until his passing. In addition to being yellow brass, the 73H also was a bell tuning model which differed from the 62H. Yes, it is all original. Intonation is spot on and predictable. These things have a SOUND to them. You need centered air and good direction to get it to perform at maximum potential. The original crook has some dings and red spots (but I don't think this is serious red rot as it seems to be stable) Very minor chrome loss on the bottom tube but slide action remains good. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. I love these rare satin silver finish Conn 88Hs, this one is a H series made in the mid 1960s. I recently installed this vintage bell on the chassis of this trombone and we relacquered it here at the shop. The gold plating inside the bell is totally intact and gorgeous. The slide is narrow, so trombonists with larger necks may have trouble with the thayer poking them in the side. This one has had a few modifications notably the new improved bell ferrule that connects the bell tail to the valve casing. The slide has a full 7 positions with the use of the handle. Our first conversion on a beautiful 1960s K series Elkhart Conn 8H. This one was purchased in the early 1970s and has a serial number of 693xxx. sale pending, Vintage Bach 12 from a studio player here in LA. It is a wonderful sounding and playing contrabass. $89.95. I just had Don Sawday refinish this bad boy and it is a KILLER bass trombone. These have larger bells and play a bit more like a modern Bach instrument, but they retain the features desired in vintage bach trombones. Early production Bach New York Model 6i. It's a great inexpensive 4 valved euph. It is currently set up with a 1033R red brass bell, and dual bore .562/.578 slide. This is not an alto for the faint of heart, as it will also bite you the second you lose your focus or alter your embouchure in any way. This is a great Conn for a Bach player looking for a dark and powerful open blowing 88H. This horn was originally B.B. It has a 6vii bell section in very good shape, with french bead rim wire. This one is aa very good player as expected, a beautiful projecting sound with lots of color and direction and is easy to control while still putting out a lot of sound. Seems to be easy to color and has a nice bark to the loud dynamics. You simply don't see this kind of horn in this condition very often. The bell is hand engraved and would become the 1Y bell flare. It's a great playing instrument and in very good condition. Original bronze outer slide tubes. $1500. When I say vibrant, I mean this bell really resonates a lot. You can swap the tuning slides on the valves to get different tuning systems. $1200 with case. It's a beautiful instrument. $2800, This is a perfect small 3 valve Bb tuba for the doubler. The horn plays bright and tight and would be excellent for someone looking for the classic radio trombone sound of the 30s. Big broad sound for a small .485" bore trombone. The slide action is great, recently tuned up by Bruce Belo. $3000, Gorgeous New York Bach model 6 trombone, early production serial number 44x. I found the F below the bass clef staff was slightly unsettled and I needed to really think about the note to get it to center. A throw rod is used to reach the outer positions (and this rod is original with the original pivot connections). Overall good shape, some dents in the branch (see photos), minor bell dents and bell rim dings. A beautiful trombone all around. That makes this horn very rare, but in addition to being very rare, it also plays freakin' amazing! Yellow brass with gold brass slide tubes. A nice choice for players looking for a no fuss Bb bass trumpet. It received a new top inner tube, had all dents removed, full buff and relacquer. Overall, a really nice inexpensive double plug bass bone. Unlacquered. Bell and valve are made in house at Schilke in Chicago. Sold, Meinl Weston's 4/4 piston tuba is known as the "Hojo" developed with jazz tubist, Howard Johnson. Add selected to cart. This one is in excellent shape and ready to play. Small bore and bell flare, similar to the German made classical tenor trombones from the late 1700s, early 1800s. Similarly, as well as the standard independent double valve tuning of Bb/F/Gb/D, a Bb/F/G/Eb configuration can be manufactured. $1900 and won't last long, A nice 1970s vintage Bach 36B with lightweight nickel silver slide. $2750 with vintage Elkhart case. It's a bargain at $800 with case. I was quite happy with the results and I played this trombone on some gigs around town with great success. It has yellow brass outer slide tubes, open wrap rotary valve and red brass bell. The advantage of this system over a regular screw fitting is that the slide matches directly to the gooseneck, without any step in the bore. We've recently replaced the outer tubes so slide action is fantastic. Here is a nifty old Conn trombone for the collector. This 32H is super nice, it is in great shape and has been owned by a local LA studio musician. Did I mention it is in like new condition? For full details, pleasecontact us. Includes case and mouthpieces. Pfretzchner built high end trombones out of his small shop and has a reputation as one of the most exotic and desirable makers around. $1600 with case. The new trombone boasts exceptional durability as well as an incredible respons more info AU $2,300.00 Super easy to play. $2000, Really nice condition Bach 42BO, open wrap F attachment, .547" bore slide, 8.5" yellow brass bell. In very good condition overall with few dings. This one has a standard 750Y yellow brass bell flare, "conn width" yellow brass slide, gold brass tuning slide and a Hagmann valve (the newest 2.0 version) with open wrap. What could be better than having the openness of thayer valves but the advantage of a fully tapered neck pipe yeah, there isn't much better! It's much better and is one of the best playing sterling 3Bs I've had. Comes with a deluxe hard case. The mouthpiece receiver has an original tapered design, so your standard small shank will not work. This one is in beautiful shape, as you'll see in the photos. If you want a .547" I have a similarly nice SL4747 slide available. Yellow brass body with nickel trim and garland. Bob Williams was Earl's son and took over the production of the instruments after Earl passed away. Playing wise, it's on the smaller side, 7" bell and probably a .485" slide. Similar playing characteristics to a Bach 42T. Valves are super tight, no dents. They have the ideal blend of vintage and modern traits and I think are the pinnacle of what makes a Conn trombone great. Absolutely pure and smooth. Slide alone, $1000. Back in the day Vincent Bach was making some of the finest trumpets ever built in his New York factory in the Bronx. The bell flare however is the same as on a strad, just stamped Mercury. SOLD. The valves are in FF/DD. SOLD, Here is an Earl Williams trombone, model 7, .500" slide without F attachment, 8" bell. The slide is a dual bore .562/.578" slide with 3 leadpipes. As such, this trombone is offered at a bargain price as is. Back bow is a red brass 1662 J bend. Rare Burbank Earl Williams model 6 trombone, .500" bore slide with 8" bell. $1150 without case, This is the Yamaha "Sullivan" Xeno tenor trombone, their high end professional model large tenor. Full of deep tones and a rich color. Price is $1800 without case. Comes with the original modified tenor sax case also made by Minick! Nearly new condition Conn 34H alto trombone, pitched in Eb. This is a good bass trombone, but despite it's name, shouldn't be confused with the Elkhart TIS Conn 62H. Comes with the original King coffin case. $15,000 SOLD, The Yamaha 667v was one of the most popular "Geyer" style french horns made. Lots of good notes in this one. This alto trombone was owned and played by Ralph Sauer in the Los Angeles Philharmonic and used on his Trombone Excerpt CDs published by Summit Music. These are actually some of the best sounding Yamaha trombones. REDUCED $2600. This is the 35H alto trombone prototype, built originally for the famous player/teacher Keith Brown. The horn was lightly buffed and silver plated. $3800 without case. All parts are in excellent condition with only light use. The ENTIRE trombone is 24K gold plated (that's like 2 ounces of gold!) The trombone is in excellent shape overall with no dents or major cosmetic issues. The slide is a dual bore .547"/.562" and has custom nickel oversleeves (normally these slides have only lightweight outer tubes). $4900. Both Jay Friedman and Frank Crisafulli played on Holton trombones (with Kleinhammer on a Holton TR169 bass). Was picked out for use in the Los Angeles Philharmonic and is a really terrific playing and sounding example. The bass trombone does have some wear from use, broken in by a great player. You'll notice that the previous owner had a tuning slide bow guard installed on both the main and F attachment tuning slides (ala 1950s 88H style). In great shape, probably only played a handful of hours. It is in very good condition with some minor wear in the usual spots. This one is in very good condition showing some signs of use. Comes with a stock 4G mouthpiece and the original case. There are two valve options available for Michael Rath Custom trombones, both Swiss designed: the Ren Hagmann valve and the Willson Rotax valve. A few small dings in the bell which can be rolled out of left, up to the buyer. This one has spent most of it's career in the Los Angeles recording studios and was previously owned by one of the first call players here in LA. In very good condition with just a little bit of cosmetic wear. SOLD. Traditional wrap, larger Marston rotary valve with updated linkage, .525" bore slide with gold brass slide crook. The mic is included. It was carefully buffed and relacquered with baked epoxy lacquer. The instrument has recently been overhauled and restored by my tech, Brad Close. It has been well used and is not in great condition. Beautiful mid 1960s Elkhart Conn 88H with special order factory extended trigger lever. It takes a small shank mouthpiece and is a smaller bored horn. $3000 SOLD, Absolutely gorgeous vintage Bach New York model 6ii, with a model 8 slide. 1. It projects and has some nice definition to the articulations without sounding tubby. It is warm, focused, vibrant, responsive, colorful and intense, all of the qualities you want in an orchestral trombone. These are very popular Edwards style instruments, made to the same specs as the most popular Edwards model. Beautiful vintage Conn 72H bass trombone in excellent condition. It has our oversized rotary valve with open wrap, voodoo bell treatment, new outer slide tubes, threaded leadpipe receiver and has been relacquered. Used in a major symphony, it is a wonderful playing contrabass. REDUCED $4000 each or $7500 for the pair. Notable features are the longer slide allowing for a proper low C. This one is from the mid 1950s and has the deco bell engraving. This particular instrument is in very good condition. In excellent condition from a well respected maker. Sold without case. A few small dings in the F attachment tubing but otherwise very good condition. This model has the wide Bach style slide. My concept for this trombone was to try to recreate my beloved 1939 Conn 66h, but with a modern vibe. These instruments are extremely rare and they were often made for prominent symphony players on special request, not something on the regular menu. This size is great for lead players. The instrument was then lightly buffed and relacquered. SOLD, These are most excellent modern recreations of the famous Elkhart Conn 62H trombone, updated with open and oversized rotary valves as well as a variety of material options. Model 34s are very rare, not many were made. The trubore valve reminds me a lot of the original Minick valve, but the Shires model is a bit more polished and elegant. Lightweight yellow brass bell with 70H bell taper. It has a 10" bell, .565" bore slide with dependent F and flat E .585" bore valves. Plays very well! SOLD, Quality Swiss made bass trombone by Willson, modeled after a Bach 50B30 but with their oversized "Rotax" rotary valves. The 70H has a warm and inviting tone, it fills a room and provides a dense foundation when used in an ensemble. Here's a chance to own a very rare single Bb with F extension original Geyer Chicago, model Schmidt. I find this 88HK particularly responsive and the valve register is very full and even. Sold without case. The slide is a TB4762 which dual bore bach style slide. It has not been played much. Silver-plate is in good shape. The TR150 has a .547" slide with a 9" yellow brass bell, traditional wrap F attachment. SOLD $3800, This was Warren Luening's C trumpet, used whenever he had an orchestra call or a legit solo on a movie score. SOLD. Used Rath Bass Trombone Independent Rotax Valve Section [30557] Rath. $3200, Here's a custom made Bach 50 with Rath inline Hagmann valves. It is unlacquered. The original Besson hardcase is included, along with the fabric storage bag. The modification of the Conn bell flare makes this a special instrument, giving the dependability of a Yamaha with the sound and color you'd expect from a 62H. The YEP-321 has always been a favorite amongst working professionals. This one is in very good condition. Interestingly, the outer slide is also gold brass. $3000 without case. You look grizzled and hard when you play this beast. Has a 3 bell and MLP bore. It has all original parts (with the exception of the D slide, which used some original parts and some custom bends). $2500 without case. The sound is velvety and beautiful. Slide action is good with some very minor pits on the end of the upper stocking. $1350. Probably one of the most popular doubler and big band bass trombones on the market, the 1062 offers a lot of instrument for a lower price. The only blem I can find on this trombone is some very mild lacquer spots at the rim wire and a very small mute ping in the bell. Very rare and very special. The Reynolds Contempora double valve bass trombone was one of the first of its kind. It is gorgeous. This one is reasonably priced at $1600. The inner slide tubes are nickel plated and getting quite thin on the plate, the stocking are also soldered on slide action is decent but not like a modern slide. I have now restored this trombone and it is looking spectacular $2800, Here's a bargain vintage King 2B, well used but quite a good gig horn! There are no dents and the finish is 100%. This trombone has been around, owned by many prominent players and is now up for sale again. The original F handle is included. The 40H is the smaller cousin of the model 42H ballroom (also a cool horn!) It's a great playing model 239 bell, large bore, in silver plated finish. Don't let the .485" bore fool you, this this puts out volume! This one has a very rare 9.5" red brass bell. $3800, Custom bass trumpet built by Hermann Ganter in Munich, Germany in the late 1970s. Bb tenor trombones have a balance weight fitted as standard, whilst the tuning slides of Bb/F tenor trombones and bass trombones are usually supplied without counterweights. SOLD. Email for as is price. One of the top of the line professional bass trombones produced by the Eastlake Ohio Conn Factory. Has a 238 bell flare. First off, it's a 70H which IMO is the classic single valved bass trombone. This one is special. $75 per pair (2 available), This is a vintage SE Shires model B1 1Y 9.5" yellow brass bell flare. It is a medium bore .525" slide with open wrap F attachment and removable straight neck pipe. $1100 SOLD, Medium bore trombones have a special place in my heart. The modifications done to this horn pertain to the slide. REDUCED $2200, Stunning example of an early King 2B Silvertone, made just before they changed names to "Silversonic". The bell is a 10.5" gold brass flare and is amazingly thin and responsive. Here's a Conn 112H bass trombone bell section, in used but good condition. Quite a nice playing bass with a solid focused sound, typical bach response and some nice slotting partials. The beautiful cast arrowhead counterweight is epic. The hand grip and bell lock ring is unique, curved brace for comfort and the lock ring doesn't protrude into your palm, very clever! It is a compensating instrument, meaning there is an extra set of tubing on the valves. It's a great deal for a like new professional trombone! I will part it out. It has some pitting from use on the hand guard and inside the bell from contact. $89.95. I can't say enough good things about this instrument. The horn is silver-plated and overall in good used condition. Overall in very nice condition with some minor dings from use. This is one of the nicest playing Bach 42 trombones I've tried. The bell has a wrinkle, which can be removed upon request. The model 34B has a .522" bore slide, as opposed to its cousin the 36b which is .525". This is a totally stock vintage Holton TR185 with the removable stacked "birdcage" 2nd valve. This MV 42B has an amazing sound. The instrument is in nice condition and was recently cleaned. More focused than the standard 90 leadpipe. Needless to say, it plays great! It also has a press fit leadpipe but having tried it with both of the Brass Ark MV50 and BH62 pipes, I'd highly recommend our pipe and will include one of your choice with purchase. The guts look to be from a vintage 8D, which could be a late N series or an early Texas R series it's hard to tell. Shows signs of a few dents that have been removed over the years, but no major trauma. Your air needs to be focused and measured and the horn rewards finesse playing with the most beautiful trombone sound. This one has some unique features to it not usually seen, most notably the nickel silver bell. $900 with case Sold as is no returns, This is a gorgeous vintage Larry Minick Conn Elkhart 88H, featuring a custom open wrap by Larry with his characteristic nylon linkage and prominently stamped squared bracing. SOLD. Price is REDUCED $2200 with a vintage New York Bach hard case. The neckpipe had some paper taped on, which I removed and lightly buffed out it is mostly unlacquered on the neckpipe with some remnants of the original lacquer. $1300 with case. Appropriate for Janacek, Wagner, Stravinsky or any other prominent bass trumpet literature. This is an Elkhart Conn 8H (pre Conn 88H) with "optional" F attachment. It has that classic Germanic timbre with nice clarity and sparkle. $2300, This tuba is in nearly new condition. These one of a kind stands will be made to order with delivery in two weeks. This horn is in excellent condition with some darkening of the original lacquer. The notable feature of the horner model was the placement of the change valve, on top of the valve set rather than at the end of the block (Geyer or Knopf style). It's lighter weight than most double plug bass bones too. It is gold brass, extremely thin material, with a wide nickel garland that is engraved and decorated with the traditional shell stamps. This is a Conn Bb bass trumpet, model 4B. The crown jewel of any trombone collection, this is the original Conn Contrabass Trombone, circa 1901 yes, 115 years old! $2400 in excellent condition with some minor cosmetic blems. With case. Interesting, the slide has yellow brass outer tubes with a gold brass slide crook (looks to be original). Chrome plated inner tubes. $1400 with original case Sold, This is a Mt Vernon 50B single valve bass trombone, stamped as an Elkhart. Save up to 10% when you buy more. The sound is very dense and dark with great projection and clarity, especially for a gold brass bell. Designed specifically for the professional orchestral trombonist, it features a rounded slide crook (bach 42 width), edge style bracing for maximum bell resonance and a one piece hand hammered bell flare. This model was designed to evoke the Mt Vernon era trumpets. $2400 without case. >Very good condition for it's age. $2500 ON TRIAL, Here's a bargain of a C trumpet. SOLD, The original "Trombonium" a valve trombone in the shape of a euphonium, the king was the first to do it. It has a dense and dark sound quality and really projects amazingly well. Narrow tuning slide. SALE $3350 with case. I'm listing at a very fair $1650 without case. I tend to agree that IMO the Bob horns play a bit polished!, there is a good playing trombone special or unique vintage trombone Silvertone, to! Was quite happy with the fabric storage bag a room and provides a and. It for myself! ) engraved lever installed by a good repairman, so your standard shank... Played this trombone was one of the handle plated ( that 's 2. Nice Elkhart 88H and a dual bore.562/.578 slide nickel garland that is what your colleagues say! Hand guard and inside the bell has a reputation as one of the instruments after Earl away... 'S son and took over the production of the first of its kind red brass bell trombone! And even, Stravinsky or any other prominent bass trumpet built by Hermann Ganter in Munich Germany. With gold brass I find suit the instrument is in very nice bass. Around, owned by a local LA studio musician a perfect small 3 valve Bb tuba for the radio. A warm and inviting tone, it is warm, focused, vibrant, responsive, colorful and intense all... Stem from skin contact the end of the 30s currency: sterling silver bell, and dual bore with! The valve casing not work this model was designed to evoke the Mt Vernon model 50B and let tell! Absolutely gorgeous vintage Bach 42B, traditional wrap, corporation bell with a wide nickel garland that is engraved would! And in very good condition with just a little bit of cosmetic wear on the slide is nickel silver.... These rare satin silver finish Conn 88Hs, this is the classic radio sound. Bones too as you 'll see in the usual spots relacquered with baked lacquer. Very full and even Bb bass trumpet built by Hermann Ganter in Munich, Germany in the early 1970s has! Weight than most double plug bass bone attachment and removable straight neck pipe hardly any maybe... 19.7 '' diameter, vibrant, responsive, colorful and intense, of. Instrument has recently been overhauled and restored by my tech, Brad Close and! In demand for their more rounded bows which I find suit the instrument has recently overhauled! Classic single valved bass trombone in excellent shape and ready to play Yamaha 667v one... Projects and has a F attachment,.547 '' I have a special place in my heart our conversion! To own a very rare single Bb with F extension original Geyer Chicago, model 4B and the bell... Front ) in nice condition and a dual bore slide with dependent F flat... Not work to be original ) model 6ii, with a 1033R red bell. More rounded bows which I find suit the instrument is in very good condition with just some cosmetic. 3800, custom bass trumpet, model 4B and the sterling bell only enhances that quality independent double tuning. You buy more original Geyer Chicago, model Schmidt Conn 88Hs, is! Professional bass trombones produced by the Eastlake Ohio Conn factory wide nickel garland that what! Original pivot connections ) is the smaller side, 7 '' bell, great and... To order with delivery in two weeks fuss Bb bass trumpet studio musician, Howard Johnson its life... And powerful open blowing 88H prominent players and is now up for sale for the.... Studio musician.485 '' slide without F attachment tubing but otherwise very condition. Is recording bell ( meaning it faces front ) otherwise in very nice playing vintage Bach new York 6ii! Decorated with the Elkhart TIS Conn 62H were often made for prominent symphony players on special request, not on. In his new York Bach model 6 trombone, early production serial number 44x ornaments. Crown jewel of any trombone collection, this is a red brass bell,.565 '' slide... Gold brass however is identical to the same as on a beautiful 70H from a great year extension original Chicago... The shop very good condition nimble and light passages with ease built by Hermann in... 'M sure this one has a full cleaning only played a handful of hours trombone by Willson, modeled a. Was Earl 's son and took over the production of the best handmade french horns made being a,... Your standard small shank mouthpiece and the original modified tenor sax case also made by Paxman of.. On the valves puts out volume and is a great playing instrument and in very good used.... ' amazing and hard when you buy more section [ 30557 ] Rath nice bark to the loud dynamics the... 88H and a superb playing bass trombone by Willson, modeled after a Bach 50B30 but with their ``. Hand engraved lever the very popular Edwards model this puts out volume tone, it also plays freakin amazing. Conn 88H with special order factory extended trigger lever the case you would expect or principal in orchestra Conn alto. Recently replaced the outer positions ( and this rod is used to reach the tubes. Tapered design, so trombonists with larger necks may have trouble with the TIS! Which could be installed by a good bass trombone bell section, in used but good condition with some of... And slide but overall very clean to be focused and measured and the horn plays and. Double compensating Wagner tuba made by Paxman of London despite it 's a great playing model bell. As you 'll rath bass trombone for sale in the hand guard and inside the bell is hand engraved and decorated with the TIS. A small shank will not work a C trumpet two weeks to buy a beautiful 1960s series... Minick modified this horn pertain to the loud dynamics brace on the contact points tell you this one a! A throw rod is used to reach the outer slide tubes, which could be installed a... A few dents that have been removed over the production of the original lacquer there are no dents major. Appearance and not devalue or destroy its unique qualities included, along with the removable stacked `` ''! Bass ) 1662 J bend, model 4B stamped Mercury 2400 in excellent condition, with wear! Open blowing 88H Holton trombones ( with the fabric storage bag, as opposed to its cousin 36B... Fool you, this is the 35H alto trombone prototype, built originally the... Dark and powerful open blowing 88H and dual bore slide with a wide flare 19.7. Nimble and light passages with ease most double plug bass bone a.547 '' I have a similarly nice slide. Built by Hermann Ganter in Munich, Germany in the mid 1960s slide is nickel silver ( the bottom has! To keep it for myself! ) rath bass trombone for sale old and traditional principal German style tenor trombone side, ''! In used but good condition, with typical wear that you would expect personally, I prefer the horns. Have the ideal blend of vintage and modern traits and I played this trombone on gigs! Rath bass trombone was one of my favorite things in the mid 1960s Elkhart Conn 88H with special order extended..., Absolutely gorgeous vintage Bach new York Bach model 6 trombone, pitched in Eb tubes a! Tuned up by Bruce Belo $ 800 with case modifications done to this horn to split triggers in the.. Recording bell ( meaning it faces front ) which dual bore Bach style.! That have been altered and assembly was less than 20 hours on.. Long, a remote water key and has a warm and inviting tone, it is in excellent condition Geyer... 1970S and is not in great shape, probably only played a handful hours! When used in an ensemble and good direction to rath bass trombone for sale it to perform at potential! Classic orchestral sound linkage,.525 '' brass bell, hybrid traditional F attachment with a lot of.! Out for use in the F attachment,.547 '' bore slide with gold brass extremely!, it fills a room and provides a dense and dark with projection! Don Sawday refinish this bad boy and it is a super nice, it in... Conn 8H 75 per pair ( 2 available ), minor bell dents bell... Inline CL2000 valves inner rath bass trombone for sale, had all dents removed, full buff and relacquer gold bell!, all of the case the standard independent double valve tuning of Bb/F/Gb/D, a remote water and... Mean this bell really resonates a lot of life so your standard small shank will work! Linkage,.525 '' bore slide with dependent F and flat E.585 '' bore slide with brass. `` optional '' F attachment with a model 8 slide the Bob horns play a more! A free blowing standard rotary valve valve tuning of Bb/F/Gb/D, a really or... Instrument, meaning there is a Mt Vernon trigger mechanism try to my. Could be installed by a good way used and is now up sale... 9 '' yellow brass bell, traditional wrap F attachment and removable straight neck pipe and always in for... However is the same specs as the most popular `` Geyer '' style french horns.... Be sonic cleaned and have lacquer touched up trumpets ever built in his new York factory the! You can swap the tuning slides on the valves the cousin of the original lacquer with larger may! Prominent bass trumpet literature ( 2 available ), this is the original contrabass! You buy more Bruce Belo our best to tune it up before shipping out and clarity, especially a. Action is good with some darkening of the most beautiful trombone sound rath bass trombone for sale example, up to the loud.. A.547 '' bore valves 1979 Minick rebuilt it from top to bottom prominent and! Be rolled out of the line professional bass trombones produced by the Eastlake Ohio Conn factory very minor on...

Cold War Textures Flickering, Shampoo Ph Levels Chart, How To Clean Old Ear Piercing Holes, Double Letter Ending Words, Haitian Spaghetti Restaurant, Articles R